A half day Fire Wardens, Fire Safety course.
A half day course that takes the Fire Safety course a few steps further by adding in the duties and role of Fire Wardens.
Many organistaions, particularly those whose staff spend some of their working day away from base, operate a system of fire wardens to enable them to check that the premises have been evacuated (or otherwise), close doors & windows, check all accessible areas to ensure people are evacuating and to assist in crowd control.
Fire wardens typically have two roles, a day to day role and a role when the fire alarm sounds.
In addition to the content of the Fire Safety course, delegates will receive training on day to day roles including:
- General fire safety in designated area;
- Monitoring of exit routes;
- Fire doors and what to check for;
- Final exit doors;
- Extinguishers and fire points
- Actions during scheduled alarm tests
And Fire Warden role to include:
- Sweep procedure of designated area, what to do and where to look;
- Checking of infrequently used areas & toliets;
- Checking of any refuge ares in their designated area;
- Reporting to the Fire Manager or other person in charge – what should be reported;
- Opening doors;
- Assistance with crowd control
- Post alarm debriefs
Comprehensive notes are provided and upon successful completion all delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.