Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety course by accredited CIEH Training Centre.
All employers have a duty to provide a safe and healthy working environment with safe systems of work, a key element of any safe system is the knowledge and attitude of employees. This can only be achieved by effective and efficient training, North East Safety Training Services are able to deliver this training at a time and place to suit you. Our status as an accredited CIEH Training Centre ensures that we deliver quality training to a high and measured standard including Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety.
On completion of the Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety course delegates will have the necessary basic understanding of health & safety issues to enable them to effectively contribute to your organisations commitment to healh & safety. In particular this course will enable employees to:
- Work in a safe and healthy manner and contribute positively to your organisations aims and objectives as contained in your health & safety policy.
- Identify key hazards within the workplace.
- Understand the importance of health & safety rules and safe working practices.
- Report potential health & safety problems.
- Be responsible for their actions.
The Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety course includes information on:
- Health & safety at work.
- Health & safety law.
- Accident prevenion.
- Risk assessment.
- First aid at work.
- Hazardous substances and CoSHH.
- Ergonomics and workstation design.
- Manual handling.
The Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety syllabus, whilst based on the above is generic in nature which enables the trainer to tailor the course to suit individual or company requirements.
On completion of the course delegates sit a short examination of 30 multiple choice questions. All those gaining the required mark (20) will be awarded the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace.
The course fee includes all course materials, CIEH registration Fee and workbook.