A half day Practical Fire Extinguisher Training course that expands on the Fire Safety course by the addition of a practical element.
As well as all of the topics covered in the Fire Safety course detailed information is given on:
- The types of fire extinguisher in current use.
- How extinguishers work (the fire triangle).
- The limitations of fire extinguishers.
- Personal safety issues when using extinguishers.
- How to use an extinguisher ~ theory.
- Practical extinguisher use.
Subject to location and site limitations, small fires of either solid fuel or burning liquids are lit and extinguishing methods demonstrated following which all delegates will get to use at least one type of extinguisher.
*For health & safety reasons dry powder extinguishers are no longer demonstrated or used on this course.
Comprehensive notes are provided and upon successful completion of the Practical Fire Extinguisher Training and all delgates will receive a certificate of attendance.