A half day Principles of CoSHH Training course that can be run at a time and place to suit the client.
- Definition and types of hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Health effects of hazardous substances and their causes.
- CoSHH assessments and control options.
- Responsibilities imposed by the CoSHH Regulations.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Explain the term ‘substances hazardous to health’ & give examples.
- Explain how hazardous substances can cause injury & ill health and give examples.
- State the different ways in which a hazardous substance can be identified.
- State the principles for controlling hazardous substances and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purpose of CoSHH assessments and what employees can expect from such assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the CoSHH Regulations.
At the end of the Principles of CoSHH Training course delegates will sit a short examination of 20 multiple choice questions. Those gaining the required pass mark will be awarded the CIEH Principles of CoSHH Training certificate.
All course materials, including a comprehensive workbook and notes are provided. The course fee will include CIEH fees (registration, workbook, test paper and certificate).