A half day Principles of Manual Handling Training course that can be run at a time and place to suit the client.
Principles of Manual Handling Training is a Level 1 health & safety qualification that compliments the CIEH Foundation Certificate in health & safety in the workplace, it is a stand alone qualification.
This Principles of Manual Handling Training course is aimed at all those who carry out manual handling as part of their work. It introduces delegates to the hazards associated with manual handling, the risks involved, the control options available and the outcome of manual handling assessments. The course is not designed to equip delegates to carry out manual handling assessments nor to provide detailed training on handling techniques.
Topics covered on the Principles of Manual Handling Training course include:
- The process of manual handling in the workplace.
- Manual handling injuries and the activities that cause them.
- Manual handling assessments and control options.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- An introduction to good lifting technique.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘manual handling’.
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples.
- State the principles for control of handling risks and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value and purposes of conducting an assessment and what employees can expect from such assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
At the end of the Principles of Manual Handling Training course delegates will sit a short examination of 20 multiple choice questions, those gaining the required pass mark will be awarded the CIEH ‘Principles of Manual Handling’ certificate.
All course materials, including a comprehensive workbook and notes are provided. The course fee will include CIEH fees (registration, workbook, test paper and certificate).