British Retail Consortium/Institute of Packaging Food Global Standard – What is it?
BRC Global Standards
The BRC Global Standards are a suite of four industry-leading technical standards that specify requirements to be met by an organisation to enable the production, packaging, storage and distribution of safe food and consumer products, they include;
- Global Standard for Food Safety
- Global Standard for Consumer Products
- Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials
- Global Standard for Storage and Distribution
Built on the principles of clear risk-based requirements, informative report formats and auditor competence, the Standards continue to evolve with input from a wide base of international stakeholders.
Achieving compliance to BRC certification provides a common basis for the audit of companies supplying retailer branded food products, whilst demonstrating due diligence and a level of competence in hygiene, food safety and quality systems.
These standards also provide benefits not only for the retail industry, but also for food manufacturers, importers, caterers, ingredient suppliers and the food service industry, benefits include;
- Food safety management system improvement
- Demonstrates organizational commitment to food safety standards
- Increases confidence in the quality and safety of your products
- System monitoring to achieve continuous improvement
- Unbiased system auditing via a third party
Give us a call to find out more and to see if this could be of benefit to your business.
Contact us with any questions. If you have any questions or Health and Safety Compliance questions; we offer a Free Consultancy by phone or on-site. Please complete this form and a team member will contact you.